So, you’re thinking about selling?
Your home is likely your largest investment, so it is important that you feel informed about the process and well represented by your agent. I suggest speaking to a REALTOR® early-on in the process to get a professional opinion on items to update, paint colors, market seasonality, etc.
Every home is unique and every sale has its complexities, so it is important to have a REALTOR® on your side to guide you through the process.
We will go over the following in detail during our initial consultation, but in case you’d like a sneak peek…
*HERE’S A SIMPLIFIED OUTLINE OF THE SELLING PROCESS*
1. Schedule a home visit with your REALTOR®. Tell me about your home: updates you have completed, the age of major systems, and discuss the items you plan to update prior to sale. I will provide insight on what projects are worth your while and what projects are less important to buyers. The decision to take on projects is completely up to you!
2. I will prepare a Competitive Market Analysis with a recommended price range for your listing.
3. We will discuss pricing strategy, market trends, and recent comparable sales. You are in charge of the final listing price, I just provide the data so you can make an educated decision. We will discuss the listing agreement, commission fees, and your preferred listing date.
4. Now it’s time to prep your home for sale! Complete any projects, remove personal items, and get your home sparkling clean. Many sellers choose to stage their home to attract a wider demographic of buyers. We can discuss professional staging services during our consultation.
5. I hire a professional photographer to accentuate all the details that make your home stand out. High quality professional photos are your biggest asset in capturing the interest of buyers, and they are of no cost to you!
6. Install a signpost to advertise the sale and mark the listing as active on the MLS.
7. My marketing team will prepare flyers to highlight the features of your home, post the sale on our website, send an email blast to the city’s top agents, and ensure your listing is posted on real estate websites and social media outlets. Marketing your sale is crucial in gaining interest, and no stone will be left unturned.
8. Hold an open house and offer showings. I reach out to all agents who tour the home for feedback. We want to hear their assessment, their buyers' interest level, and answer all their questions.
9. Receive an offer (or offers) and set a timeline for all offers due. I’ll help you navigate negotiations to ensure you receive the most favorable price and terms possible. We will come to agreement with the buyer and mark the sale as pending!
10. Next we navigate the escrow process. I’ll be there every step of the way until you have a SOLD sticker on the signpost and you receive the proceeds from your successful sale.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING YOUR HOME IN THE JERSEY SHORE AREA?
Learn more HERE!